Posted by admin in Uncategorized on March 27th, 2009
homepagecell.com the classic specimen Hijacker.This spyware extends basically on wide-area networks using for infection and reproduction of vulnerability of the operating system of Windows.For definition of the presence at system homepagecell.com initiates in memory unique identifiers.Usually enough is updated and varies.homepagecell.com is dangerous and can lead to loss of the data and make your system infirmity.
How to Delete homepagecell.com from Your PC?
In order to completely clear homepagecell.com from your computer it is necessary to delete all files, folders, keys of the register of Windows and their value.For this purpose you can use
How to delete homepagecell.com Files (.bin .exe, .dll, .com, .sys, etc.).
To delete files and folders associated with homepagecell.com execute following steps:
Using the file explorer or file manager display all from mentioned below files and folders. Note: The paths use certain conventions such as [ %PROGRAM_FILES%]. These conventions are explained here.Select the file or folder and press SHIFT+Delete on the keyboard. Click Yes in the confirm dialog box.
IMPORTANT: If a file is locked (the file can be used by other program), removal is impossible (the Windows will notify you the corresponding message).
For removal locked files take advantage RemoveOnReboot utility.To remove locked file, select it and press the right button of the mouse, then select Send To-> delete on Next Reboot on the menu and after removal restart your computer.
You could download RemoveOnReboot utility now RemoveOnReboot
How to clear homepagecell.com from the Windows Registry?
The Windows registry is important directory which stores system information, settings and options for Microsoft Windows operating systems. Also information about installed programs details as well as the information about the applications that are automatically run at start-up.Because this, spyware, adware, and malware (including homepagecell.com) often store references to their own files in your Windows registry so that they can automatically launch every time you start up your pc.The registry also provides a window into the operation of the kernel, exposing runtime information such as performance counters and currently active hardware.
If you want effectively delete homepagecell.com from your Windows registry, you must delete all the registry keys and values associated with homepagecell.com.They are listed in the additional sections - Registry Keys and Registry Values on this page.
IMPORTANT: it should be remembered that Windows registry is a core component of your operation system, therefore we urgently recommend to make back up of registry before the removal beginning keys and values. The warning. Wrong change of parameters of the registry using the editor of the register or any different way can lead to serious problems. For their elimination operating system reinstallation can be demanded. The corporation Microsoft does not guarantee that these problems can be eliminated.
The responsibility for changing the registry at your own risk.Back up the registry.
Before register editing is necessary to export sections to which changes will be made, or to create a backup copy of all register.At occurrence of a problem it will allow to restore a former state of the register. To create a backup copy of all register, take advantage of the program of archiving for a backup of a state of system. The system state includes the register, a database of registration of classes COM + and load files.
Registry Editor it is possible to use for performance of following tasks: search of the subteen, section, subsection or parameter; subsection or parameter addition; change of value of parameter; subsection or parameter removal; subsection or parameter renaming. Transition Registry Editor displays the set of folders. Each folder represents a key local pc.When you view the remote computer’s registry will be visible only two standard sections: HKEY_USERS and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
Follow the steps below to remove the homepagecell.com registry keys and values:
On the Windows Start menu, click Run. In the Open box, type regedit and click OK. Open the Registry Editor. The application consists of two panels.
In the left pane, presented folders that represent the registry keys, arranged in a hierarchical order. The right side shows the value selected key. To clear the keys, associated with homepagecell.com, do the following:Locate the key in the left pane windows Registry Editor, opening folders ways described in the section Registry Keys. By selecting the correct key, click the right mouse button and in the dialog box, select Delete. Click Yes in the dialog box Confirm Key Delete. To remove the key value contained in the section Registry Values, do the following:In the right pane of Registry Editor window, click the key, highlight it and click the right mouse button. In the pop-up menu, select Delete. Click Yes in the dialog box Confirm Value Delete.
homepagecell.com Categorized as Hijacker
How Did My PC Get Infected with homepagecell.com?
One of the most common questions found when cleaning homepagecell.com is “how did my machine get infected”? There are a variety of reasons, but the most common ones are that you are going to sites that you are not practicing Safe Internet, you are not running the proper security software, and that your computer’s security settings are set too low.
Practice Safe Internet
One of the main reasons people get homepagecell.com in the first place is that they are not practicing Safe Internet. You practice Safe Internet when you educate yourself on how to use properly the Internet using security tools and good practice. Whether these things are files or sites it doesn’t really matter. If something is out to get you, and you click on it, it most likely will.
Below are a list of simple precautions to take to keep your PC clean and running securely:
If you have an attachment from someone you do not know, DO NOT OPEN IT!It may be homepagecell.com. Opening attachments from people you do not know is a very common method for viruses or worms to infect your pc.
If you have an attachment and it ends with a .exe, .com, .bat, or .pif DO NOT OPEN the attachment unless you know for a fact that it is clean.For the casual computer user, you will almost never receive a valid attachment of this type.
If you receive an attachment from someone you know, and it looks suspicious, then it probably is.The email could be from someone you know infected with homepagecell.com that is trying to infect everyone in their address book.
If you are browsing the Internet and a popup appears saying that you are infected, ignore it! DO NOT INSTALL any software that will require to download.
Another tactic to get homepagecell.com on the web is when a site displays a popup that looks like a normal Windows message or alert. When you click on them, though, they instead bring you to another site that is trying to push a product on you.
Do not go to adult sites.The fact is that a large amount of adware (including homepagecell.com) is pushed through these types of sites.
When using an Instant Messaging program be cautious about clicking on links people send to you. It is not uncommon for infections to send a message to everyone in the infected person’s contact list that contains a link to an infection (it may be homepagecell.com too). Instead when you receive a message that contains a link, message back to the person asking if it is legit before you click on it.
Stay away from Warez and Crack sites! In addition to the evident copyright issues, the downloads from these sites are typically overrun with infections and homepagecell.com is not exception.
Be careful of what you download off web sites and Peer-2-Peer networks. Some sites disguise spyware as legitimate software to trick you into installing them and Peer-2-Peer networks are crawling with it.If you want to download a piece of software a from a site, and are not sure if they are legitimate, you can use McAfee Siteadvisor to look up info on the site.
Visit Microsoft’s Windows Update Site Frequently
It is important that you visit http://www.windowsupdate.com regularly. This will ensure your PC has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer.If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, then reboot your computer, and revisit the site until there are no more critical updates. This also protect your computer from homepagecell.com.
Symptoms of Infection
Symptoms of homepagecell.com
If you suspect or confirm that your PC is infected with homepagecell.com, obtain the current antivirus software.The following are some primary indicators that a PC may be infected:
- The PC runs slower than usual.
- The PC stops responding, or it locks up frequently.
- The PC crashes, and then it restarts every few minutes, it may be symptom of homepagecell.com.
- The PC restarts on its own.
- Additionally, the computer does not run as usual.
- Disks or disk drives are inaccessible.
- You cannot print items correctly.
- You see unusual error messages.
- You see distorted menus and dialog boxes.
- There is a double extension on an attachment that you recently opened, such as a .jpg, .vbs, .gif, or .exe. extension, it’s may be homepagecell.com.
- An antivirus program is disabled for no reason. Additionally, the antivirus program cannot be restarted.
- An antivirus program cannot be installed on the computer, or the antivirus program will not run.
- New icons appear on the desktop that you did not put there, or the icons are not associated with any recently installed programs.
- Strange sounds or music plays from the speakers unexpectedly.
- A program disappears from the PC even though you did not intentionally clear the program.
Note These are common signs of infection by homepagecell.com. However, these signs may also be caused by hardware or software problems that have nothing to do with a computer virus.
Symptoms of homepagecell.com in e-mail messages
When a computer spyware infects e-mail messages or infects other files on a computer, you may notice the following symptoms:
- The infected file may make copies of itself. This behavior may use up all the free space on the hard disk.
- A copy of the infected file may be sent to all the addresses in an e-mail address list.
- The homepagecell.com spyware may reformat the hard disk.
- This behavior will delete files and programs.
- The homepagecell.com may install hidden programs, such as pirated software.
- This pirated software may then be distributed and sold from the computer.
- The homepagecell.com may reduce security.
- This could enable intruders to access remotely the PC or the network.
- You receive an e-mail message that has a strange attachment. When you open the attachment, dialog boxes appear, or a sudden degradation in system performance occurs.
- Someone tells you that they have recently received e-mail messages from you that contained attached files that you did not send. The files that are attached to the e-mail messages have extensions such as .exe, .bat, .scr, and .vbs extensions.
What homepagecell.com may do?
Below are possibilities you may experience when you are infected with homepagecell.com. Remember that you also may be experiencing any of the below issues and not have a virus.
- homepagecell.com may delete files.
- Various messages in files or on programs.
- Changes volume label.
- Marks clusters as bad in the FAT.
- Randomly overwrites sectors on the hard disk.
- Replaces the MBR with own code.
- Create more than one partition.
- Attempts to access the hard disk drive, which can result in error messages such as: Invalid drive specification.
- Causes cross-linked files.
- Causes a “sector not found” error.
- Cause the system to run slow.
- Logical partitions created, partitions decrease in size.
- A directory may be displayed as garbage.
- Directory order may be modified so files, such as COM files, will start at the beginning of the directory.
- Cause Hardware problems such as keyboard keys not working, printer issues, modem issues etc.
- Disable ports such as LPT or COM ports.
- Caused keyboard keys to be remapped.
- Alter the system time / date.
- Cause system to hang or freeze randomly.
- Cause activity on HDD or FDD randomly.
- Increase file size.
- Increase or decrease memory size.
- Randomly change file or memory size.
- Extended boot times.
- Increase disk access times.
How to protect yourself in the future?
In order to protect yourself from homepagecell.com and this not happening again it is important that take proper care and precautions when using your pc.Make sure you have updated ExterminateIt running, all the latest updates to your operating system, a firewall, and only open attachments or click on popups that you know are safe. These precautions can be a tutorial unto itself, and luckily, we have one created already:
Simple and easy ways to keep your PC safe and secure on the Internet.
Make your Internet Explorer 6 and below more secure.From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
- Click once on the Security tab.
- Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
- Click once on the Custom Level button.
- Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt.
- Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable.
- Change the Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable.
- Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt.
- Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt.
- Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt.
- When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.
- If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, click on Yes button.
- Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.
It is very important that your PC has an anti-virus software running on your machine (you could free download
We can’t stress strongly enough how important it is for you to do five things for every PC you own:Secure your e-mail client against running unwanted scripts. If you use Outlook or Outlook Express and have not secured them.
Scan your computers by
Keep your ExterminateIt software up-to-date. AntiVirus software vendors update their malware lists on a regular basis.Make sure you visit your vendor’s Web site at least once a week to download the update.
Avoid running attachments (especially .EXE files) that come in your e-mail it may be homepagecell.com, even if they come from your friends, relatives or colleagues. The warped minds now writing e-mail viruses will do their best to lure you into running their viruses and worms by making them look like love letters, jokes or pornography. Once you or one of your friend succumbs to this temptation, the script will mail itself to everyone on that computer’s address list.
Make frequent backups of your data files, and keep some of your backups out of your computer.We like to burn CD-R backup discs on a regular schedule; CD-RW and Zip discs also work well.